The Pan-galactic Gargleblaster of my mind

15 November 2006

On turning 30

Yeah, so I turned 30 a few days ago. Everyone was asking me that day, “How does it feel?”

And of course it doesn’t really feel any different.

I had this idea that I ought to be slightly depressed, like “Oh, what am I doing with my life? This is not where I thought I would be at thirty! Oh, no! Am I screwing up? What am I doing!!?? Woe is me!” But strangely enough, those thoughts didn’t ever really cross my mind. At least, not seriously.

What did occur to me is that I’m busily checking off items from my things-to-do-before-I-die list. Living in a foreign country? Check. Traveling in Africa and Europe? Check. Learning a foreign language? Check. Shagging a beautiful brown boy? Check. Teaching? Check. Doing a non-desk job? Check.

Settling down, being responsible and saving money are down at the bottom of my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home