The Pan-galactic Gargleblaster of my mind

07 December 2005

Annoyance

29/10/05 -- 4:41 a.m.

What is it about men that causes complete hearing loss -- 100% deafness -- when there's a woman around to wake them? Why can't they hear the alarm?

Forty-one minutes ago, when Lahcen's phone started beep-beeping its alarm, he sat bolt upright, wrenched the covers off me and put them around himself before rolling over and facing the alarm, which was violently shrieking approximately 9-12 inches from his head. And get this: he didn't turn it off. What the hell?!

How can a person wake up enough to steal the covers but not wake up enough to hear an alarm with a decibel level akin to an air raid siren?

He has slightly made amends for this heinous misdeed by extricating a very large buzzing fly from my room just now. I say "slightly" because, after not hearing the alarm clock, Lahcen then had the nerve to tell me he doesn't have any appetite to eat the breakfast I had cooked him BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home