The Pan-galactic Gargleblaster of my mind

09 February 2006

Coco-NUTS


The majority of my non-work life is spent hanging out with Said, Abdellah, Lahcen and Hassan, pictured here:

It's like a circus every time they get together at the house. Constant laughter and innuendo, which is recognizable even in a foreign language, and just general silliness. Hence Lahcen in my floppy straw hat. I don't know why the man is so fond of that hat, but he wears it all the time at home. I'm still trying to convince him to wear it when we go out. Haven't succeeded with that yet.
Also, notice the small bowl at the bottom right hand corner of the photo. It's filled with fresh coconut. A coconut I cracked myself! I have never been a fan of coconut, but then all the coconut I've ever tasted has been bleached, sweetened, and otherwise processed to a point beyond recognition. When Norah, Sally and Ayoola visited from Ireland a couple of weeks ago, Sally, who's a complete and utter hippy, showed us how to eat a real coconut.
See, Sally used to be married to an aboriginal man, and they lived in a teepee in the wilds of Australia. Truth. The way Sally tells it, her breakfast would fall on her head every morning.
I have consumed somewhere in the neighborhood of 4,837 coconuts since Sally left Morocco. I'm planning to get photographic evidence of me cracking the coconut. Will post that as soon as I have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home