The Pan-galactic Gargleblaster of my mind

18 December 2005

La Cucaracha - No tengo dinero para gustar

Okay, so putting up my old journal posts has gone out the window. I'll never get caught up to the present at the rate I've been going. Tragic. Perhaps I'll post some of the old ones occasionally, when I can be arsed to do it.

Last Sunday we got moved into the new house, the one given to me by the school as compensation for the fact my salary is lower than low, pitiable, scandalous, and downright laughable. I won't say how little. Just know it's little. Anyway, them's the perks of living/working in Morocco!! At least it's cheap here.

So, the new house. Yeah. Well, it's definitely NOT like the old house. I came in a few days before we were due to move, and bombed for cockroaches, of which there were MANY. Next day, carcasses everywhere. Not sure why they crawled out into the open to die, but they did. Thankfully they were all small. Oh, that is, except for the 4 MONSTERS that were near the drain in the front entryway. I lost it. A lot. Like Sally Field in that movie where she's skitzo. Is that Sally Field? Maybe I'm thinking of Sissy Spacek.

Anyway, after several hours sitting on the couch in a paranoid ball, whimpering and jumping at the sight of shadows, holes in my sweatshirt, and my own hair, I finally managed to compose myself enough to completely cover the house in that powder poison stuff that they're supposed to carry back to the "nest" ("lair" is a more appropriate word, I think). I mean, the house looked like a winter wonderland. Seriously. You could build snowmen in the kitchen. But I think I've managed to get rid of the damn things. And what comes in from outside is cat fodder. Ha HA!!

Don't tell me that this is winter and just wait for summer. I WILL NOT HAVE ROACHES IN MY HOUSE, DAMMIT!!

Okay, gotta jet. You can now rest easy knowing I'm not being eaten alive or carried off to an evil lair by those hairy, beady-eyed little monsters. I'm safe, in my little winter wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home